Pages

Tuesday 10 January 2012

The BEST chocolate celebration cake...

I like chocolate cakes to taste of, well, chocolate. I have a bit of pet hate for chocolate cakes that only contain a measly amount of cocoa. For me, that simply doesn't cut the mustard.

But no longer! The search for the best chocolate cake recipe for celebration cakes is over. *Fan fare please!!!* Look no further than cake aficionado Lindy Smith's delicious chocolate fudge cake recipe. It is gooey, moist and lovely & rich. YES please.

I was first introduced to this recipe by the lovely Barbara Millard and I have made so many in the past few weeks I thought it was high time I shared the joy. It is a really easy recipe, and in terms of process very much resembles a making a brownie.  Although it takes a lot of ingredients (a ton of dark chocolate, sugar and butter), it really is worth it. I am also reliably informed that because of the high sugar content it keeps fresh for well over a week (if it lasts that long!). It can be carved into all manor of shapes and is delicious filled with buttercream, a rich chocolate ganache or even nutella. An all round brilliant recipe! I've tripled it, cut the recipe in half and filled all kinds of tins from round, square to pudding bowls. I've even stacked it. It has worked every time!

You can access the recipe via the original blog post here. Here are a few pictures of the process....
Process for the best chocolate cake
So what are you waiting for.... go and bake!! I promise you won't be disappointed :)

V x

PS - if you're wondering why I've not lined the tin it's because of my latest wonder discovery - Dr Oetker Cake Release Spray. It's magic stuff and available in Morrisons and Sainsburys. It saves loads of time!

1 comment:

  1. have you tried baking this in a 9"x13" pan or bigger like 12"x18" pan?

    ReplyDelete