Pages

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Christmas presents for a baking obsessive...

Happy New Year! I've been away for a while having had a mad few weeks in the run up to Christmas. Lots of cakes made and other festive treats pickled, preserved and baked.

Anyway, I'm back and wanted to share a few of the amazing kitchen based presents I received from Santa.


Presents from Santa

Clockwise from top:
  • Cake Stencil by Tara Duggan. I've already given this a test run using the beautiful bird design on a Victoria Sponge cake for an "Initial themed" New Years eve party. It received lots of nice comments!
  • The Vintage Tea Party Book by Angel Adoree. This beautiful book features bespoke tea party ideas from a bygone era. It is simply gorgeous eye candy and the recipes are amazing. There is even invitation designs, apron templates and ideas for hair and make up to accompany your party. Quirky and unique, I can't wait to host my own themed party!
  • Rolling Pin. Not the most exciting looking, but a essential for all my sugar craft. I've been managing to roll with a much smaller pin up until now so this beauty should make life a lot easier.
  • Mason Cash Hearts Mixing Bowl. I have wanted one of these bowls for an age after admiring my Nana's old fashioned bowl since I was little. Santa was very clever! It's perfect for large cake mixtures and for looking glamorous in the kitchen.
  • Cath Kidston Kitchen Notes. The perfect kitchen planner. A note book for planning weekly menus and one for your shopping list. Genius.
  • The Great British Bake Off Book. After watching the series avidly, I can't wait to try some of the winning recipes and classics from Mary and Paul.
So there are a few of my favourite presents. Did you get anything amazing to use in the kitchen? Do tell!

V x


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the cake stencils - genius! I treated myself to the 'God save the cream' Mason Cash the other week - LOVE it! Your blog makes me smile Turnipops x

    ReplyDelete