Pages

Thursday 13 October 2011

Banoffee and GBBO...

I'm addicted to TV cookery shows. I'll watch anything. Ranging from Masterchef, Celebrity Masterchef, Australian Masterchef (I love the competitive x-factor edge!), Saturday Kitchen, any celebrity chef programme etc etc etc. I've been told by the Cake Pimp that under no uncertain terms can I get the Sky Food Channels. He is trying to curb my habit. Meany.

I have a particularly soft spot for The Great British Bake Off which finished last week. I love seeing the successes, failures, challenges and the simply fabulous recipes. I love sitting from the comfort of my armchair/soap box stating "I wouldn't do it like that.... I could do that... that's so hard..... wow, look at that!" I also love Berry and Hollywood talking about soggy bases.

As the Beeb has been so kind as to pop the recipes from the show here and after the rave reviews that the winner Joanne received for her Banoffee Pie recipe in the final, I thought I'd give it a whirl. And they were yummy. Really yummy. You can see why she won!

The recipe was surprisingly straight forward. The only sticking point came making the toffee. I took my eye off the saucepan for a second and had a black mess. Oh well, practice makes perfect and the second batch worked much better! I made a slight change to the recipe through the addition of some slices of banana to the top of the toffee. I just thought they'd be better with an added element of flavour and texture. Apart from that, I stuck to the recipe completely.

Here are some pictures of the end results.


The finished result... nom.

Next up on the bake off to test list are the Millefeuilles... I fancy the challenge of the rough puff pastry.

Report to follow!

V x

1 comment:

  1. I can confirm these were DELICIOUS! Also Turn, great depth of field on the second shot - you need no lessons! x

    ReplyDelete